27 Feb How to get ready to sell in 2023
Getting your house ready to sell requires preparation and effort, but it can significantly increase the chances of a successful sale. Here are some tips to help you get your house in the best condition before selling:
1. Declutter and depersonalise: Remove personal items such as family photos and memorabilia, and clear away clutter from countertops and shelves. This will allow potential buyers to see the true potential of the space and imagine themselves living in the property.
2. Clean and repair: Give your house a thorough cleaning, including the carpets, windows, and bathrooms. Repair any broken items, such as leaky faucets, torn screens, and damaged flooring. These small details can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home.
3. Paint and update: Fresh paint can brighten up a property and make it look more appealing to a wide range of buyers. Updating features such as light switches, door handles and taps, can also make a difference.
4. Highlight the best features: Demonstrating the best features of your home, such as a beautiful garden, spacious kitchen, or fireplace. These are selling points that could attract potential buyers.
5. Present the rooms: Furnish each room with purpose. Creating a space that feels
inviting and functional can help potential buyers visualise themselves living in the property.
6. Lighting: Make sure that every room has enough lighting, including natural light and artificial light to enhance the look and feel of a room.
7. Professional photographs: Hire a professional photographer to take high-quality photographs of your home. These will be the first thing potential buyers see when searching for a new home, so it is important to make a good first impression.
Preparing your home for sale requires effort, but it can pay off in the form of a higher price and a quicker sale. Following these tips can make your home more attractive to potential buyers and increase your chances of success. For more information, contact your adviser who can support you and provide the best outcome for your situation.
If you’d like to discuss the options available to you, contact your adviser today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.